Counseling, College, & Career Center of Pawling High School
Pamela Hildenbrand, M.S. Lisa Casale-Seaman, M.S. M.S. Ed. Susan Morgan
NYSED Certified School Counselor NYSED Certified School Counselor Senior Typist
Class of 2021 N-Z Class of 2021 A-M firstname.lastname@example.org
Class of 2022 and beyond L-Z Class of 2022 and beyond A-K 845 855-4615
ALUMNI Transcript Request
To request a transcript once you've graduated PHS, you must fill out our transcript request form and submit to our office along with a copy of your photo identification.
The form can be found and downloaded from the forms box on this page.
We cannot release transcripts without written permission from the alumni, and only the alumni due to FERPA.
Scholarships and Financial Aid UPDATE
Live Financial Aid Night with Marist has been cancelled.
The presentation offered by the expert presenters from the Financial Aid Office at Marist College can be accessed here: financialaidnight 21-22nopics.pdf
- The best, most accurate financial aid and scholarship information can be found on the financial aid pages of the individual colleges or by contacting the colleges' financial aid officers. There are also safe and helpful links below.
- The point of scholarships and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is to get money for college; you should never have to pay to apply or file with the exception of the CSS Profile which some schools require.
- FAFSA 20-21 Worksheet
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Federal Student Aid Resources in English and Spanish
- NY's 529 College Savings Program
- Understanding FAFSA A How-To Guide
- NYS Higher Education Services Corporation
- CSS/ Financial Aid Profile (required by some colleges)
Naviance is a college and career readiness solution that helps districts and schools align student strengths and interests to postsecondary goals, improving student outcomes and connecting learning to life. This is where all of our grade level resources for students can be found.
Students: contact your School Counselor to reset your account if you're having trouble logging in.
Parents: contact your child's School Counselor for an access code to create your own account.
- Logging in: https://student.naviance.com/pawlinghs
- Instructions for Naviance Student for Parents.pdf
Virtual College Fairs for the Fall
Use this site to pay for your AP exams: https://user.totalregistration.net/AP/334435
Please refer to our current curriculum guide for our Advanced Placement course offerings. These courses are college level with the potential to earn college credit upon the successful completion of coursework and AP exam results, and depending on the college's policy. Students must meet requirements in order to be eligible to take these courses which are detailed in our curriculum guide. ALL STUDENTS TAKING AN AP COURSE ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE THE AP EXAM, OTHERWISE THE WEIGHT AND AP DESIGNATION WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE TRANSCRIPT. Cost for each AP exam is $99. AP Seminar and AP Research cost is $149. See your counselor if you believe you may be eligible for a fee waiver.
Students who need to access scores and/or send scores to colleges: LOG ON to apscores.org
official transcript request 3.pdf for alumni
Please consider being a resource for our current juniors and seniors by becoming part of our district's collegiate database. Due to social distancing, colleges have closed and cancelled their events so juniors are unable to visit colleges this spring, an important part of the college research process. Our current seniors are also unable to visit, an important part of making the final decision in where they will deposit and attend. While many colleges are delaying their deposit dates, time is of the essence for our seniors. Simply Fill in the form with contact information, your college or university, degree and major, and any other pertinent information so students may contact you for your perspective.
In order to receive contact information from the collegiate database, students must fill out this form and return to your counselor. Collegiate Database Waiver November 2019 FINAL.pdf )
Pawling High School Profile 2020
New York State Seal of Biliteracy
Students with Disabilities
Applying for SAT and ACT Testing Accommodations
SAT consent to disclose: ssd-consent-form-accommodations.pdf
ACT requires you to disclose during the registration if you are in need of accommodations and then sends the counselor a request for the necessary documentation.
Applying for Services in College
Program adjustments for students with documented disabilities are not covered by FAPE at the post-secondary level of education. A student must actively seek out and advocate for their right to academic adjustments. Below are some links and documents to help. There are procedures for students with documented disabilities seeking program adjustments at the post-secondary level:
2. Student (not parent) will decide whether or not to disclose a disability to colleges.
3. When the student makes the final college choice, it is the student's responsibility to provide appropriate documentation in order to access services through the college's office that provides academic adjustments.
- Dutchess Community College Self-Assessment Survey.pdf
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education
- Tips for Students with Disabilities to Increase College Success
Applying for Services After High School
New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
Education is a beautiful part of life, and GripTape works to put youth in the driver’s seat of learning so they can explore as they please and light up their hearts and minds. Everyone says young people are the future, but GripTape actually places them in the position to become the future now. Youth get the opportunity to apply for financial help to support whatever learning endeavors they wish to pursue — driven by their interests and passions. LEARN MORE HERE