Counseling, College, & Career Center of Pawling High School
ALUMNI Transcript Request
To request a transcript once you've graduated PHS, you must fill out our transcript request form and submit to our office along with a copy of your photo identification. Normal processing can take 3-5 days from date of request excluding delivery.
Per The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), we cannot release transcripts to a parent without written permission from the alumnus once the student "reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level."
Scholarships and Financial Aid UPDATE
Financial Aid Presentation brought to you by the experts from Marist College's Financial Aid Office will be Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 5:30pm.
The presentation offered by the expert presenters from the Financial Aid Office at Marist College can be accessed here: financialaidnight 21-22nopics.pdf
- The best, most accurate financial aid and scholarship information can be found on the financial aid pages of the individual colleges or by contacting the colleges' financial aid officers. There are also safe and helpful links below.
- The point of scholarships and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is to get money for college; you should never have to pay to apply or file with the exception of the CSS Profile which some schools require.
- FAFSA 20-21 Worksheet
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Federal Student Aid Resources in English and Spanish
- NY's 529 College Savings Program
- Understanding FAFSA A How-To Guide
- NYS Higher Education Services Corporation
- CSS/ Financial Aid Profile (required by some colleges)
Students who need to access scores and/or send scores to colleges: LOG ON to apscores.org. You will need your CollegeBoard username and password to log in. If you forgot your username, use your email to recover it. If you forgot your password, reset it. If you are having trouble logging in, you need to contact the CollegeBoard directly as your counselors do not have access to this information.
Please refer to our current curriculum guide for our Advanced Placement course offerings. These courses are college level with the potential to earn college credit upon the successful completion of coursework and AP exam results, and depending on the college's policy. Students must meet requirements in order to be eligible to take these courses which are detailed in our curriculum guide. ALL STUDENTS TAKING AN AP COURSE ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE THE AP EXAM, OTHERWISE THE WEIGHT AND AP DESIGNATION WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE TRANSCRIPT.
Pawling High School Profile 2021-22
Parents, if you would like your own access to your child's Naviance account, email their School Counselor and request your code.
Students with Disabilities
Applying for SAT and ACT Testing Accommodations
SAT consent to disclose: ssd-consent-form-accommodations.pdf
ACT requires you to disclose during the registration if you are in need of accommodations and then sends the counselor a request for the necessary documentation.
Applying for Services in College
Program adjustments for students with documented disabilities are not covered by FAPE at the post-secondary level of education. A student must actively seek out and advocate for academic adjustments. Below are some links and documents to help. There are procedures for students with documented disabilities seeking program adjustments at the post-secondary level:
2. Student will decide whether or not to disclose a disability to colleges.
3. When the student makes the final college choice, it is the student's responsibility to provide appropriate documentation in order to access services through the college's office that provides academic adjustments.
- Dutchess Community College Self-Assessment Survey.pdf
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education
- Tips for Students with Disabilities to Increase College Success
Applying for Services After High School
New York State Seal of Biliteracy
Please consider being a resource for our current juniors and seniors by becoming part of our district's collegiate database. Our juniors and seniors have had very limited ability to visit colleges, an important part of the college research process, deciding where to apply, and making the final decision in where they will deposit and attend. Simply Fill in the form with contact information, your college or university, degree and major, and any other pertinent information so students may contact you for your perspective.
In order to receive contact information from the collegiate database, students must fill out this form and return to your counselor. Collegiate Database Waiver November 2019 FINAL.pdf )
Pamela Hildenbrand, M.S. Lisa Casale-Seaman, M.S. M.S. Ed. Susan Morgan
NYSED Certified School Counselor NYSED Certified School Counselor Senior Typist
Class of 2022 and beyond L-Z Class of 2022 and beyond A-K firstname.lastname@example.org